Friday, November 28, 2008

perfectly homeless......almost



Blvd. St. Michel, Paris. 11.15 A.M.

I never get fed up with strolling around Paris.I never get fed up with strolling around Paris if I have my camera with me that is.This homeless man set up the perfect scene for begging. He didn't have to be awake and neither did his two friends. He was the perfect homeless man, almost dreamed up by disney. Cute, charming, and cuddly almost. I wanted to pay him for all his trouble or rather for lack of it, but I only had a 20...So I took the shot and went on my business. After my two meetings that morning I thought I had better go back and give him a euro( I'm nice that way). So I got change and went back. On my return the scene had turned a little bleaker, more freddy kruger than disney. The man had woken up and was growling louder than his two little cute puppies, It was a growl with an oder of whiskey and urine. The two little doggies had turned into demons and had decided to try to bite the hand that feeds them. With my fingers intact I hurried off to the safety of the metro (ha ha) hearing only the distant verbal abuse from the 3 of them. ...A few blocks down I came upon another homeless man with 4 beautiful kittens. I didn't even get my camera out . I just kept on walking and walking...

4 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Lovely indeed!

heidi Younger Illustration said...

Smart homeless dude, using them there puppies to lure in those suckers, which I freely admit I am.
mussy!

Anonymous said...

a jigger full of whiskey rather than the two euros is what that man wanted...

Anonymous said...

How can you find funny such a situation. These men in the streets suffer and alcohol is there onlyway to survive.
And if you had 20, give 20
what can you eat with 1...
How can you think they pretend, in the cold
You make me sick