Sunday, November 30, 2008

miami, coffee and me


One of the few things I miss about Paris when I come back to Miami is the coffee. I know I'm supposed to love Cuban coffee and don't get me wrong, It's not bad but it Isn't the coffee I adore in Paris (my god!!!!!!! What on earth do I sound like) Anyway I'm only here for 10 days so I'm sure I'll survive. The photo above is a coffee cup I designed about 20 years ago.I made this image of Miami beach,deco buildings , sea and sand. I had forgotten all about it or rather them. I'm going to sell them as a limited edition of 20. All signed and numbered(they come with a signed and numbered certificate). So place your orders now. They are $30 dollars each which sounds very expensive I know, but then again there are only 20 in this edition. Just think of the pure delight as you sip your French or Cuban coffee from a little work of art.........As for me, I'm going to make a nice cup of tea..you can contact me at www.nicecupoftea@mindspring.com

The proceeds will go to the very very expensive film I'm working on....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please reserve one for me...many memories....I'll put the check in the mail today....they're worth much, much, much more than that....good luck with everything...you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

P.S. If I could buy all of them I would...

Anonymous said...

Reserve one for me too please. Did you know I collect them? In fact, I have "stolen" one or two to keep as fond memories from some restaurant that wouldn't sell them to me. I have the David Byrne martian collection and a Rauschenberg so you will be in good company.
Have fun this weekend. I am so proud of you.
xo

PHILIP BROOKER said...

I will erica........i will

Anonymous said...

will buy two
how do you proceed...?